I think it's funny that the one question people keep asking us is, "How is married life treating you?" My answer every time has been, "Amazingly well; I have no complaints... Surprised?" :0)
Life continues to be every bit as wonderful as it was before we got married, just... a million times better. And it's definitely a learning curve in so many ways... I'm not sure I'll every really completely grasp how truly amazing life can be, because I'm blown away every day as I find countless blessings in our new life.
For better and for worse, here are some things I've learned so far in my journey from "me" to "we"...
- Merging two peoples' lives together isn't nearly as hard as merging two peoples' stuff.
- There is no such thing as planning for car trouble.
- Disagreements don't count against you, but talking and figuring it out definitely count for you.
- Marriage will not change a night owl into an early bird.
- Love is getting out of bed to go to work when you really don't want to.
- Things really do just work out when you're doing what you're supposed to.
- A hug can fix anything.
- "Being" something is often more important than "doing" something.
- Loving someone unconditionally is easier than you think.
- Allowing yourself to be loved unconditionally is harder than you think.
I'm so grateful for the amazing man I married! Long walks on the beach and watching the sunset over an alpine lake are special memories I will always cherish, but they will never compare to coming home to my best friend every single day.